|A Trade Skill focused on unearthing relics|
|Tools Used||Excavating Tools|
|Crafting Focus||Life Skill Tools & Upgrade Materials|
Excavating is one of the Trade Skills available in Lost Ark. Trade Skills are non-combat abilities that allow players to gather various resources and materials which are used in Crafting and other applications. Excavating allows players to unearth relics. This page covers all information on the Excavating Trade Skill.
Lost Ark Excavating Guide
Players can unlock the Excavating skill along with all other Trade Skills by completing the chain of Guide Quests beginning with Crown of Lakebar in Lakebar Village. Following this quest chain, Excavating is unlocked when you reach Helmon Castle Ruins.
Unlike the other Trade Skills, Excavating does not have traditional material nodes. Instead, you use the starting Active abilities Sonar and Relic Search to unearth Relics. Sonar creates a blue marker above your head which beeps slowly at first but picks up in tempo the closer you are to a buried Relic. Once you reach a prospective location, use Relic Search to scan an area around yourself, revealing the location of any buried Relics, allowing you to dig it out of the ground. Once a Relic's location is revealed, it functions much like the gathering nodes of other Trade Skills. The type of materials available from unearthed Relics will depend on a few factors:
- All nodes will give a Common material, with a chance of getting Uncommon and Rare materials.
- The chance to obtain Uncommon or Rare materials increases with Trade Skill level, certain bonuses on the tool used or by harvesting from a Mysterious variant of the node. Special Trade Skill abilities can also increase the chance of yielding rarer materials.
- Uncommon materials vary depending on the node.
- Rare materials vary depending on the location, instead of the node type. For example, for Mining, Iron veins in Yorn will yield different Rare materials compared to Iron veins in Punika. This also applies to Excavating and its nodes.
Note that you can only find Relics in areas where they are available. Check your map to see which types of Trade Skill gathering can be done in the area. Materials obtained from Excavating is primarily used in crafting higher tier Trade Skill Tools as well as Upgrade Materials for equipment.
Your ability to unearth relics is limited only by your available Work Energy, a special resource used to perform Trade Skill actions. Work Energy has a cap of 10,000 and regenerates at a rate of ~30 Energy every 10 minutes.
Excavating Tools in Lost Ark
Excavating requires the use of a Excavating Tool in order to gather materials. Tools can be acquired in many different ways including purchasing from Vendors, Crafting, or received as a reward from Quests and other activities.
When a Trade Skill tool is acquired, it will randomly 'roll' Bonuses which grant special effects when using the tool. Rarity increases the amount of Bonuses that can roll onto a tool when acquired, starting from 1 Bonus with Uncommon tools and up to 5 Bonuses with Relic tools. Each Bonus also has a degree of effectiveness, which is also randomly rolled. See the list on the right for the types of Bonuses available to Excavating Tools.
Each tool also comes with a Durability meter which is depleted every time its respective Trade Skill is used. A tool's durability can be repaired using Silver. However, this will also reduce its Maximum Durability with each subsequent repair. Tools can be sharpened to recover their Max Durability by using Craftsman Tokens purchased with Blue Crystals at the Cash Shop. This is not recommended during the early stages and any Tokens you acquire should be reserved for when you get a higher tier tool that rolls great Bonuses.
Excavating Tool Bonuses
The following Bonuses can randomly be rolled onto a Excavating Tool when it is acquired. How many of them are rolled depends on the tool's Rarity. The degree of effectiveness is also rolled randomly:
- Super Armor (Immunity to Paralysis)
- Increased Gathering Speed
- Increased Basic Reward drop rate
- Increased Rare Material drop rate
- Increased chance for Special Rewards
- Reduces chance of tool durability loss
- Reduced minigame difficulty
- Increased minigame rewards
Lost Ark Excavating Skills
The following Skills are unlocked as you level up in Excavating:
- Sonar (Lv. 1; Active Ability) - Summons a blue tracker above your head which beeps faster the closer you are to a buried Relic.
- Relic Search (Lv. 1; Active Ability) - Pings the area in a large radius around you, revealing the location of any buried Relics.
- Loot Hunter (Lv. 10; Passive Ability) - Increases the chance for treasure chests to appear when Relics are found.
- Excavation (Lv. 20; Passive Ability) -
- Sniffer Dog (Lv. 30; Active Ability) - Summons a sniffer dog which increases the drop chance of rare materials for 180 seconds.
The following Abilities are Excavating Mastery Skills
- Relic Appraiser
- A Digger
- Archaelogy Master
Excavating Gathered Materials for Lost Ark
The following are all materials gathered via the Excavating skill. Also listed are each material's usage, location and other related info.
- Ancient Relic
- Rare Relic
- Caldarr Relic
- Oreha Relic
- Archaic Ancient Relic (via Stronghold)
- Faint Ancient Relic (via Stronghold)
- Ancient Caldarr Relic (via Stronghold)
- Ancient Oreha Relic (via Stronghold)
Excavating Notes & Tips
- Notes & Tips go here