|Used to gather materials from animals useful in crafting food|
|Tools Used||Hunting Tool|
|Material Focus||Animal Hide, Meat|
|Crafting Focus||Food & Upgrade Materials|
Hunting is one of the Trade Skills available in Lost Ark. Trade Skills are non-combat abilities that allow players to gather various resources and materials which are used in Crafting and other applications. Hunting allows players to gather animal products for use in crafting. This page covers all information on the Hunting Trade Skill.
Lost Ark Hunting Guide
Players can unlock the Hunting skill along with all other Trade Skills by completing the chain of Guide Quests beginning with Crown of Lakebar in Lakebar Village. Following this quest chain, Hunting is unlocked right before you leave for Bilbrin Forest, which is also the first location you can actually do some hunting in.
Unlike the other Trade Skills, Hunting does not have traditional material nodes. Instead, you can look for locations such as Bilbrin Forest where you can do some hunting. Hunting availability is indicated on your World Map. In such locations, you will usually find small game animals like Rabbits skittering about. To hunt these animals, switch to Trade Skill mode (default key 'B') and activate the Search ability. This places a crosshair marker above the heads of all critters in range that can be hunted. When you've found your target, use the Throw ability and aim your cursor near the animal, accounting for the short delay before throwing. Throw will deal damage in a small radius so you don't need to be ultra-precise. Once a game animal is killed in such a way, they function much like the gathering nodes of other Trade Skills, allowing you to harvest materials from them. The type of materials available from hunted animals will depend on a few factors:
- All nodes will give a Common material, with a chance of getting Uncommon and Rare materials.
- The chance to obtain Uncommon or Rare materials increases with Trade Skill level, certain bonuses on the tool used or by harvesting from a Mysterious variant of the node. Special Trade Skill abilities can also increase the chance of yielding rarer materials.
- Uncommon materials vary depending on the node.
- Rare materials vary depending on the location, instead of the node type. For example, for Mining, Iron veins in Yorn will yield different Rare materials compared to Iron veins in Punika. This also applies to Hunting and its nodes.
Leveling up in Hunting will eventually allow you to find animals hiding in Ore, Plant and Tree nodes used by the other Trade Skills, as well as laying down traps which passively catch animals for you to harvest after a set time. Materials obtained from Hunting is primarily used in crafting Food as well as Upgrade Materials for equipment.
Your ability to hunt animals will be limited by your available Work Energy, a special resource used to perform Trade Skill actions. Work Energy has a cap of 10,000 and regenerates at a rate of ~30 Energy every 10 minutes.
Hunting Tools in Lost Ark
Hunting requires the use of a Hunting Tool in order to gather materials. Tools can be acquired in many different ways including purchasing from Vendors, Crafting, or received as a reward from Quests and other activities.
When a Trade Skill tool is acquired, it will randomly 'roll' Bonuses which grant special effects when using the tool. Rarity increases the amount of Bonuses that can roll onto a tool when acquired, starting from 1 Bonus with Uncommon tools and up to 5 Bonuses with Relic tools. Each Bonus also has a degree of effectiveness, which is also randomly rolled. See the list on the right for the types of Bonuses available to Hunting Tools.
Each tool also comes with a Durability meter which is depleted every time its respective Trade Skill is used. A tool's durability can be repaired using Silver. However, this will also reduce its Maximum Durability with each subsequent repair. Tools can be sharpened to recover their Max Durability by using Craftsman Tokens purchased with Blue Crystals at the Cash Shop. This is not recommended during the early stages and any Tokens you acquire should be reserved for when you get a higher tier tool that rolls great Bonuses.
Hunting Tool Bonuses
The following Bonuses can randomly be rolled onto a Hunting Tool when it is acquired. How many of them are rolled depends on the tool's Rarity. The degree of effectiveness is also rolled randomly:
- Super Armor (Immunity to Paralysis)
- Increased Gathering Speed
- Increased Basic Reward drop rate
- Increased Rare Material drop rate
- Increased chance for Special Rewards
- Reduces chance of tool durability loss
Lost Ark Hunting Abilities
The following Abilities are unlocked as you level up in Hunting:
- Search (Lv.1; Toggle Ability) - Marks all game animals in range with a crosshair above their heads.
- Throw (Lv. 1; Active Ability) - Throws an Axe at the cursor location.
- Hunter's Eye (Lv.10; Passive Ability) - Causes game animals to sometimes appear after interacting with gathering nodes from Mining, Foraging or Logging. This works even in locations where animal hunting is not normally available.
- Set Traps (Lv. 20; Active Ability) - Allows you to lay down a trap in certain areas. These will eventually catch a game animal for you which you can then harvest. You can continue actively hunting while waiting for traps to fill.
- Track (Lv. 30; Active Ability) - Leads you to special animal hideouts.
The following abilities are the Mastery Skills available to Hunting. They are unlocked and upgraded as your Hunting level increases:
- Livestock Appraiser
- Hunting Master
Hunting Gathered Materials in Lost Ark
The following are all materials gathered via the Hunting skill. Also listed are each material's usage, location and other related info.
- Info to be added
Hunting Notes & Tips
- Notes & Tips go here