|Used to gather flowers and mushrooms which are used in crafting Potions|
|Tools Used||Foraging Tool|
|Material Focus||Flowers, Plants & Mushrooms|
|Crafting Focus||Potions & Bombs|
Foraging is one of the Trade Skills available in Lost Ark. Trade Skills are non-combat abilities that allow players to gather various resources and materials which are used in Crafting and other applications. Foraging allows players to gather flowers, plants and mushrooms which are used to craft Potions. This page covers all information on the Foraging Trade Skill.
Lost Ark Foraging Guide
In order to forage for plants, players need to find plant nodes such as bushes of Wild Hydrangea or clusters of Wolf Toadstools. These nodes are indicated by a leaf icon on the mini-map. The type of materials available in a node will depend on a few factors:
- All nodes will give a Common material, with a chance of getting Uncommon and Rare materials.
- The chance to obtain Uncommon or Rare materials increases with Trade Skill level, certain bonuses on the tool used or by harvesting from a Mysterious variant of the node. Special Trade Skill abilities can also increase the chance of yielding rarer materials.
- Uncommon materials vary depending on the node.
- Rare materials vary depending on the location, instead of the node type. For example, for Mining, Iron veins in Yorn will yield different Rare materials compared to Iron veins in Punika. This also applies to Foraging and its nodes.
Once you find a node, switch to Trade Skill mode (default key 'B') and press 'G' to use the Plant Picking ability to begin harvesting. Each plant node can be gathered from twice before it disappears. Note that you will only be able to gather from Mushroom-type nodes after reaching Level 10 in Foraging and unlocking the Botanist ability. Materials gathered from Foraging are primarily used to craft Battle Items, namely Potions & Bombs.
Your ability to harvest nodes will be limited by your available Work Energy, a special resource used to perform Trade Skill actions. Work Energy has a cap of 10,000 and regenerates at a rate of ~30 Energy every 10 minutes.
Foraging Tools in Lost Ark
Foraging requires the use of a Foraging Tool in order to gather materials. Tools can be acquired in many different ways including purchasing from Vendors, Crafting, or received as a reward from Quests and other activities.
When a Trade Skill tool is acquired, it will randomly 'roll' Bonuses which grant special effects when using the tool. Rarity increases the amount of Bonuses that can roll onto a tool when acquired, starting from 1 Bonus with Uncommon tools and up to 5 Bonuses with Relic tools. Each Bonus also has a degree of effectiveness, which is also randomly rolled. See the list on the right for the types of Bonuses available to Foraging Tools.
Each tool also comes with a Durability meter which is depleted every time its respective Trade Skill is used. A tool's durability can be repaired using Silver. However, this will also reduce its Maximum Durability with each subsequent repair. Tools can be sharpened to recover their Max Durability by using Craftsman Tokens purchased with Blue Crystals at the Cash Shop. This is not recommended during the early stages and any Tokens you acquire should be reserved for when you get a higher tier tool that rolls great Bonuses.
Foraging Tool Bonuses
The following Bonuses can randomly be rolled onto a Foraging Tool when it is acquired. How many of them are rolled depends on the tool's Rarity. The degree of effectiveness is also rolled randomly:
- Super Armor (Immunity to Paralysis)
- Increased Gathering Speed
- Increased Basic Reward drop rate
- Increased Rare Material drop rate
- Increased chance for Special Rewards
- Reduces chance of tool durability loss
Lost Ark Foraging Abilities
The following Abilities are unlocked as you level Foraging:
- Pick Plant (Lv.1; Passive Ability) - Basic foraging ability used to gather from plant nodes.
- Botanist (Lv. 10; Passive Ability) - Allows you to gather from Mushroom nodes.
- Natural Tone (Lv. 20; Passive Ability) -
- Golden Finger (Lv. 30; Passive Ability) -
The following abilities are the Mastery Skills available to Foraging. They are unlocked and upgraded as your Foraging level increases:
- Specialization: Materials
- Specialization: Tools
- Specialization: Speed
Foraging Gathered Materials in Lost Ark
The following are all materials gathered via the Foraging skill. Also listed are each material's usage, location and other related info.
- Info to be added
Foraging Notes & Tips
- Notes & Tips go here